Let Us Help
Allow me to help you to the best of my ability as a professional in the industry. To get you started, here are some steps in the home buying process for you to get familiar with.
- Prepare monetarily: Audit your current financial situation. This should include how much you plan on putting down and also what you are comfortable spending on a monthly basis. It is also best to refrain keep from making any large purchase as this can affect the amount of a loan that you are approved for.
- Hire a Mortgage Broker: After you have reviewed your finances, connect with a mortgage broker to find out exactly what you will qualify for in regards to an amount of a loan. Your mortgage broker will also provide you with a pre-approval letter that will accompany your offer when that time comes.
- Searching for Properties for Sale: This can be the best part of the home buying process. Once you have identified what you can afford, then we will set up searches for properties. Consider things like number of beds/baths, square footage and also where you want to be looking in terms of neighborhood. Every area offers different amenities and accessibility. I can be a great additional resource in helping you locate which areas may fit your criteria best based on my knowledge and experience.
- Offer to Purchase: When you have found a property that you want to make an offer on, we will need to move quickly. Having a good grasp of the current market will help you move faster through the offer process and give you the best chance at getting the home you want. Comps as well as going through the course of your home search should provide you with an understanding of the market.
- Up to 7 Days after your accepted offer, book a home inspection: The only way to learn all about the home is by hiring a professional inspector. An inspector will conduct a thorough exam of the home and inform you of the current condition along with any future repairs that are necessary. This information will help you plan and budget for the future or possibly negotiate the terms of your deal if there are larger or unanticipated work to be done.
- 10 to 14 Days after offer, enter contract: After the home inspection process you will solidify all terms by signing and entering contract. The “P&S” or Purchase and Sale agreement, will identify all of the terms of the deal. The deposit funds shall be paid along with the signing of this document. These monies will be held in escrow until released to the seller on the day of your closing.
- 45-60 days from the offer you will typically close: This is a standard time span for most real estate transactions. However, no two deals are alike and contingencies or desired dates may affect the process.
Do you have other questions? Please allow me to be your resource for all and let my expertise work for you.