Allow me to assist you with prioritizing what needs to be done with respect to getting your home ready for sale. To get you started, here are some of the steps to the process for you to get familiar with.
- Staging: Staging with furniture can really help show off your home so that everyone can sees its true potential. Although this may not be the way you live in your home every day but it can be very helpful for buyers. Also, be sure to take care of any necessary repairs and maintenance. Painting, professionally cleaning your carpets and staging will project the right image to buyers that you want.
- Curb Appeal: The exterior of your home is the first and the last thing all buyers will see. Freshly painted front doors, clean entryways and landscaped yards are the items everyone will be noticing.
- Price: Identifying the right price for your home is not always easy. Price is based on several things like current comparables, sold comparables as well as location and home condition. I will provide data on homes on the market as well as my professional opinion so that you can determine the most appropriate price to go to the market with. The right price initially is very important as the majority of the traffic seen on a listing is within the first couple of weeks and you will want to present this to the largest group possible.
- Cleanliness: Cleaning and staging are important for photos, open houses and private appointments. We typically will plan on having broker and public open houses in addition to showings during the entire time that it is on the market. Making sure that the home is in pristine condition will help showcase it in its best light.
- Offer acceptance and the closing: Once you have accepted an offer and the inspection is complete then you will officially enter contract. This is usually a good time where you can begin moving forward with your packing and planning for your own move. Remember, it is important that you leave the home completely free of any belongings and in clean condition.